Monday, November 8, 2010
I will go and do...
"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for i know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commanded them" 1 Nephi 3:7. This scripture has never been more true for me. I have realized this week that everything is done for a purpose, everything happens for a reason. Heavenly fathers is perfect, and his plan is perfect. I found myself getting discouraged this week after everything that has happened the last few months. The devil has been working overtime trying to get to me, as he does with everyone. But if we stay strong and just hold on then it will all be worth it in the end. It has been frustrating not being able to work as much as i would want too because i know how important my calling is too the people i serve. "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life" 3 Nephi 5:13. I felt the comfort of the Lord this week and now im not going to worry about myself, i know it is his will that is being done. My job is to cry repentance to my brothers and sisters here and i know as i forget myself and go to work he will take care of everything else. I know that this is Christ's Gospel, that this is his Church, and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know Thomas S. Monson is the true Prophet on the earth today, and that if we heed to his counsel we can only grow closer to our Heavenly Father, I love you all and im so thankful for all the prayers that have been sent my way. - Elder Hancock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment