Monday, September 27, 2010
Family:
Hey everyone, well this hasn't been the best of weeks for me. We will start off with the beginning of last week. I went to visit the doctor and he told me that my hip flexar is in bad shape so i have been kicked off of my bike until after conference. I then talked to the mission doctor who told me that the problem is the shock absorber in my hip and if it didn't get better soon i would have to get cortisone shots in my hip. Friday i was able to go on an exchange to Blythewood, which is a very nice and upscale town. We were knocking in a big sub division with some really nice houses when security came and told us to leave the property, and when that happens we tell them "yes sir" and we leave and call the Mission President and tell him that we have been kicked out of an area where we can rightfully knock. He in turn calls the sheriffs department and tells them what happened, and that we were kicked out of a neighborhood for soliciting when we are not solicitors. Anyway i guess we didn't leave the sub division fast enough and next thing we know Elder Bair and I are being yelled at and they were threatening to arrest us. So we had to file a harassment suit against them. We will see what comes from that later i guess. But this morning i got the call from President McConkie that Poad had passed away. I knew it was coming but i wasnt prepared for it. President McConkie told me that Poad would now be on the other side of the viel helping me with the work there. I know that he will be with me everyday as i continue on this mission of spreading the message of eternal life and eternal families. President ended the phone call by saying " Now Elder you go out and you get even with the devil for everything he has put you through this past week", he ended the call with a solemn, " We love you Elder", as he said that i felt the Lord's comfort fall on me. I know that families are forever and that this Gospel is true and i will preach it with all of my heart, might, mind and strength with Poad by my side. I love you all and everyone will be in my prayers this week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment