Monday, December 13, 2010
FLORENCE!
Hey everyone! Transfers were this week and i ended up in Florence. Its one of the bigger cities in the state and its about 40 or 50 miles from Myrtle beach and im only about 10 miles from the Darlington Raceway! We had a good week, we worked hard even though it never got above 40 degrees and then it rained all weekend haha. I wouldn't trade this for anything though. I live in Florence right now with 3 other missionaries, My companion Elder Waite, My District leader Elder Caldwell and a Brazilian Missionary named Elder Hinckley (He is the Prophets great- nephew). Its awesome, i already love it here. We have the biggest area in the mission, so i went from the biggest biking area to the BIGGEST overall area. Right now we have about 800 members in the ward and only about 125 are active. So we have alot of work to do here. Everything is going great here in South Carolina though, the weather could be nicer but i guess you cant have everything you want haha. Next week on Christmas eve we get to go caroling so im excited for that. What would you do if you were a baptist preacher and 4 Mormons knocked on your door and sang jingle bells to you? I guess ill find out the answer to that next week! I hope everyone has a fantastic week and that all is well in the west! Love y'all! - Elder Hancock
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment